Tuesday, October 25, 2005

War of the Cheetos

I thought we had come around the proverbial corner after this past weekend in Indy, when Munch definitely lived up to his nickname. He ingested everything that came his way, including, but not limited too: Fruit Loops, salami, Cheese Nips, an ice cream sandwich, and a spicy beef burrito. And Cheetos. I almost forgot. Health and nutrition be damned! I bite my tongue for every time I judged another mother for feeding her kid crap. I am throwing the food door wide open until this kid of mine can at least accept a variety of tastes and textures in his food. For some reason, he ate it all voraciously, giving the repellent-food-face a much-needed rest. We cheered him on. Way to go, Munch! If that stuff doesn't put some meat on your bones, nothing will!

And then we got home. I rushed to the store to stock up on California versions of the above foods - graham crackers, Trader Joe's Cheese Crackers, Tofutti Cuties, etc., only to find that the you're-suggestion-that-I-so-much-as-smell-that-makes-me-gag face had returned. And the struggle continues. Perhaps it was the entertainment of having twenty adults and children all talking at once that helped him eat. Hard to mimic that at home.

Where did we spend the weekend? Why, at Caribbean Cove indoor water park/Holiday Inn Select, of course. A cultural experience for Californians like me, who, before meeting Tom and visiting the Midwest, had absolutely no idea what an indoor water park was.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home