Monday, October 03, 2005

They have upholstered chairs in the exam rooms

So I went to the dermo today and had three moles shaved off. Two were "fleshy" and just in irritating locations (under the bra line, etc.), and one was "irregular", which means it gets sent to the hospital lab. I am happy that the mole gets sent to the hospital and I get to go home. If only it always worked that way.

Before the doctor came in with the razor, the nurse numbed up the moles. She stood behind me with her hand behind the chair and told me that I was going to feel a little prick. I asked if she was trying to hide the needle from me. To her credit, she said yes and laughed. I said, "They spent an hour trying to get an IV in me at the hospital without novacaine. Needles don't impress me."

What will they do with the mole when they are done with it? Will they send it home with instructions to "take it easy for a while?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home