Sunday, April 03, 2005

I'm sorry, what was your (son's) name?

A strange thing happens when you have a baby attached to you all of the time. You lose your name. In the world of mommies and babies, I am the Munch's Mom. You meet someone, and it is all "how old is he?", "what is his name?", "what is his sign?" Everyone is so focused on the baby - or babies, if the someone happens to be a mom as well - that they forget to introduce themselves or ask your name. And you forget too. You enter into this network of moms, where you only know people by the names of their children. "Is Jessica's mom joining us?" "Does anyone have Sam's mom's email address?"

Maybe we'll get over it. Maybe when the novelty wears off, we will start focusing on ourselves again. I want a pedicure and a reason to wear something other than yoga pants. How's that for a start?

1 Comments:

Blogger Summer Pierre said...

YAYAYAYAAAA! Kirstin--I am so glad you have joined the fold of blogging excitement. I love the munch and I love the munchmom.

2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home