Saturday, July 02, 2005

Excuse me...

...but what the FUCK is Tom Cruise's deal? He is beginning to very much resemble his role in Magnolia. He's really whacked out. I am waiting to wake up to the headline that he has blown his fortune on steriods, speed, and a massive tiara for Katie (excuse me, Kate).

He's an okay actor - I have even enjoyed him in some of his roles. But he is certainly off my okay person list. He's getting downright creepy in his professed adoration of young little Kate. And his
statements on the Today Show about psychiatry and psychology are just off the deep end.

Comments:
1. Psychiatry is a medical profession. Psychology is a science. They are not faiths or ghosts, and therefore it is not a matter of "believing in" them or not. They are not people, so "agreeing with" them is also not an option.
2. Psychiatry is not a pseudoscience. Scientology is. (Daily Show, June 27[?])
3. I can't say for sure (I'll have to check my notes), but I seem to remember from one of my classes that neither Paxil nor Ritalin are anti-psychotic drugs.

Read the interview. Take a drink every time Tom says "Matt." And tell me if the world wouldn't be a better place if this guy were on Ritalin.

Additional fun at:
Dr. Tom Cruise, MD

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home