Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Some days, it just gets old

So now Munch is eating better. I changed my focus from getting him to swallow food, to getting him to "experience" food. Sometimes he just squeezes it in his fist as hard as he can. Sometimes he wants to know how peanut butter will feel in his hair. This new approach seems to work - he is eating more and more varied foods. I am less freaked out. But there is one drawback.

It is very, very messy. It is messy each of the six times per day that I feed him.

I get rather tired of washing him, the dishes, the floor under his clip-on chair. I look forward to those occasions that we eat out, so that someone else can clean up his mess (I used to feel guilty about this, but no longer). Dishes are boring. Many dishes are more boring. Mopping up spilled, dropped, tossed bits of food while he leans over to kick my head or pull my hair just about finishes off my patience.

The speed at which he can empty an unsuspecting drawer or clear a bookshelf is increasing. He can now demolish the whole house in about 10 minutes. A bathroom break for mom provides a good window of opportunity to tackle at least one room.

We need to get out more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home