Wednesday, April 06, 2005

4 days to go

Four more work days before I start my new life. Oh shit. Please don't let me get sucked into all of that obsessive mommy stuff.

I'm freaking out at the prospect of having the precious beautiful baby boy/little fucker attached to me at all times. My friend is 7 months pregnant and was asking how long it takes to fit back into your clothes. We got to talking about shopping for clothing, and I mentioned that I do almost all of my shopping online these days. "Oh, I like to touch and feel things before I buy them," she says. Oh, I am sorry, you don't understand. When you have one of these little buggers, your leisurely shopping days are, well, limited. Even if they aren't physically attached to you, they insist on keeping their eyes locked on. Sure, daddy can hold the kid on weekends, but then you have to make a mad dash to grab and try on anything that looks remotely of interest before child transforms into tired, hungry, impatient monster. Trust me. It is so worth giving up that touch and feel to be able to try clothing on in the relative peace of your own house. Then you can run to the store for a quick return of the stuff you don't want.

I have enjoyed my weeks of relative freedom - lunch with coworkers, walking without a stroller, managing my wallet with two hands while buying a cup of coffee. Now I return, voluntarily, to a rather extreme set of limitations.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home