Monday, April 25, 2005

Of boyfriends and best friends

April 25, 2005 - Of boyfriends and best friends magnify


The Munch is the new love in my life. I look forward to waking up in the morning so that I can see his face. Each smile makes my heart flip-flop. And we are really into PDA – we just can’t keep our hands off each other. He obsessively wants to spend all of his free time with me. I leave him for a few hours and can’t wait to rush back home to him. I am delighted when I discover new accomplishments and personality traits. I find his shortcomings quirky and charming. I parade him around and show him off to all my friends. My parents think he is quite the charmer.

So if the Munch is my new boyfriend, where does this leave my husband? My husband is my best friend. We talk for hours about my new boyfriend. I relay all of the sordid details of each interaction. I show him all of my photos, and ask my boyfriend to repeat his tricks so that Tom can see them.

But here’s the best part – the Munch is Tom’s boyfriend too! Now when was the last time you got to share your boyfriend with your best friend without any jealousy issues whatsoever? Well, okay, only minimal jealousy issues, like who gets to hold him while the other person does the laundry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home