Friday, June 10, 2005

My son the turtle

I know I need to add a picture to this post. Much spends much of his time these days manouvering about on his belly. He suspends all of his limbs in the air and totters on his belly and nose. He looks for all the world like a swimming turtle, enhanced today by his khaki green outfit. He's generally quite content in his solitary struggles. He pulls his knees up, sticks his butt in the air, and rolls over. Or he uses his hands to push himself backwards, away from his intended target. At this point he gets frustrated and starts whining for his mommy. What a baby.

I thought I would let him do his antics this afternoon and take a few moments to check email. At the point that his frustration overwhelmed him, I went to pick him up and found that he was covered in spit-up - on the BACK of his shirt. Explain that one to me. Did his head actually spin 180 degrees? There were no pools of spit-up on the floor, so it is not like he rolled through the stuff. It will have to remain a mystery. Along with his ability to move from one side of the room to the other while I am not looking. While I am watching him, he can only manage to move two feet in any one direction.

He's down for a late and long overdue nap. Time for mommy to sneak in a shower.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home