Sunday, December 11, 2005

New word

Yesterday, when the Winnie the Pooh chipper music toy with no off button had pushed me to my limits as I was trying to re-wire the stereo to the TV, I misspoke and demanded that Griffin hand over the "annoising" toy. I'm calling Merriam or Webster, who ever is in charge these days.

What evil manufactures make these Disney-inspired instruments of torture, with no volume control and no off switch? I can just picture the evil geniuses they employ who create pre-recorded "music" and sound effects perfectly designed to draw children in (the first animal sound is free!) and push parents slowly over the edge. I think it is all part of some plan created by pediatrician from the 50s who thinks that parents should yell at their children and send them to bed without supper, as it builds character.

Well, there will be no character-building in my household. Removing the batteries is a wonderful alternative.

As far as food goes these days, Griffin and I have worked out an arrangement. I put food down in front of him, and walk out of the room or start doing the dishes. He can choose to eat the food or play with the food. Some days he lives on fruit and waffles. And that is okay with me. He'll eat vegetables and coq au vin when he is good and ready.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home